If you’re looking to remodel your kitchen, you’re probably familiar with the many detailed considerations you need to take into account when planning your project, like what colors you would like to use, whether or not you should add additional storage spaces, the types of fixtures and appliances you’d like to feature in your home, and much more.
Even though the complexity of planning a remodeling project can be overwhelming, it does not need to be this way. Below, we’ve detailed a number of must-have features for your 2022 kitchen remodel that can help you breathe life into an existing space, increase efficiency within the kitchen, and raise the overall value of your property.
So, what are the most popular ‘must-have’ features for kitchen remodeling projects in 2022?
- Multifunctional island: A multifunctional island is a great feature for your kitchen remodeling project and can provide additional seating and functionality to your kitchen. To start, a multifunctional island can help solve the problem of limited seating by offering friends and family a place to sit while meals are being prepared. A multifunctional island can also offer the perfect place for kids to do their homework and play games with the family.
- Two-toned cabinetry: Using multiple colors in your kitchen remodeling project are a great way to improve your kitchen’s aesthetic appeal and add accents to your kitchen remodeling design. Two-toned custom cabinetry can also help small kitchens appear larger than their actual size and increase resale value.
- Specialized storage: Adding specialized storage options to your kitchen remodeling project is a great way to increase the ‘functionality’ of your kitchen. With so many options to consider, it’s important to think about which specialized storage add-ons will offer the greatest benefits for your specific needs. Some popular specialized storage options include options like: an under-sink pullout drawer to organize what is generally the most chaotic part of your kitchen, a trash and recycling pullout to keep trash and recycling organized, out of the way, and quarantine foul-smelling odors, and built-in drawer organizers to eliminate the guess-work when searching for cutlery, spices, and other commonly used cooking tools/items.
- Pot filler faucet: Pot filler faucets are a great way to fill pots at the stove while keeping your sink and countertop areas open for food prep and cleaning. Incorporating a pot filler sink into your kitchen remodeling project is also a great way reduce back and forth trips between the sink and stove, as well as, decrease the chance for spills.
- Lighting: When selecting lighting options for your kitchen, consider the importance of balance. Most kitchens feature a central surface light, while some kitchens feature windows that provide ambient light. Depending upon the amount of ambient light you have available for use, you can determine whether your kitchen needs more overall light or just need to add lighting in specific areas. Lighting for your prep area, backlights, and accents are all things areas to consider when planning the lighting options for your kitchen renovation.
- Well-lit cabinetry: Adding lighting to cabinetry can add an extra dimension to your kitchen, offer convenience, and can boast the elegance of your kitchen design. Adding features like LED lights can also help create ambiance, keep energy costs down, and offer some embedded safety features.
- Custom backsplashes: Adding a new backsplash is a great way to dramatically transform your space, protect your kitchen, and increase the value of your home.
- Quartz countertops: Quartz countertops are resistant to dents, abrasions, scratches, and do not require additional sealants. Quartz is also extremely long-lasting, easy to maintain, and is usually available in a variety of colors and finishes to match the vision for your remodel.
- Walk-in pantries: Walk-in pantries can be easier to organize than cabinet pantries and offer a great option for not only storing food, but appliances, cookbooks, storage containers, and whatever else you may need. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) also found that in 2021, 83% of home buyers indicated that a walk-in pantry was a “must-have or highly desired home feature”.
The experienced team at Chris Riggins Construction can work with you to create a kitchen remodeling project that your family will enjoy for many years to come. Our experienced and professional designers and builders are well-versed in both time-tested techniques and the latest trends and will work with you to ensure every detail of your remodeling project matches your exact specifications.
Contact Chris Riggins Construction today to learn more about kitchen remodeling projects and schedule a consultation with one of our senior designers.