For homeowners looking to sell their property, a home remodeling project can help increase your sales price. Renovated homes can help a home stand out from comparable properties since home buyers typically prefer homes with newer finishes. Basically, the more home remodeling upgrades you make, the more interest your home may attract.
Recent supply chain issues, labor shortages, and increased material costs are all contributing to a widening price gap between renovated homes and unrenovated homes. With that, home buyers are seeking properties that would allow them to move-in without having to worry about too many home renovation projects for the time-being.
If you’re a homeowner looking to sell your home in the next 3-5 years, now may be the perfect time to get started on a home remodeling project. A remodeling project does not simply improve the sale price of your property when you end up selling it, it can also help you save money and experience more enjoyment at your property in the meantime.
Some of the additional benefits of a home remodeling project include:
- A home remodeling project can save you money. Investing in high-quality materials is one of the best ways to start saving on home costs immediately. For example, take paint. If you have to re-paint your home every 1-2 years, it may not be environmental factors. It could be that you’re using low-quality materials.
- A home remodeling project is a great way to save on your utility costs. By replacing old appliances with new, energy efficient models, you may be able to save on your utility bills. Upgrading your windows and replacing old insulation can also help you save money immediately.
- Living in your home is more relaxing. By eliminating the angst of thinking about all of the things you’d like to change in your home, it can help you feel more comfortable and relaxed when you’re there.
Regardless of whether you’re looking to sell your home in the near future or merely create a more relaxing space, a home remodeling project can help you increase the value of your home and offer better peace-of-mind.
Below, we’ve listed some popular remodeling trends in 2022 to help spark some inspiration for your next home remodeling project.
- Spa bathroom: There’s few things better than coming home to a relaxing open bathroom space where you can unwind after a long day. Not only can a bathroom remodel help you create a more relaxing atmosphere, it can help you declutter by adding storage and add more functionality to the space.
And that’s not all. According to Zillow, “Zillow data shows that “bathroom remodels yield the biggest returns in terms of boosting your home’s resale value. For minor cosmetic changes, you’ll see a $1.71 increase in home value for every $1 you spend.”
- Large window banks: The trend for oversized glass options has seen an explosion in popularity and only continues to grow. Since there’s so many benefits of having a more eco-friendly, ‘biophilic’ space, many homeowners are trying to staymore connected with nature.
- Multifunctional islands: Between preparing your family’s meals, to after school homework and hosting impromptu happy hours with close friends, our kitchen gets as much use, if not the most use, of any room in the house. A multifunctional island is a great way for homeowners to create additional storage option and create a more functional kitchen. If you’re worried about whether your remodeled kitchen will increase your home value, you’ll be happy to learn that the return-on-investment (ROI) for remodeled kitchens is as high as 90% in California.
- Multifunctional rooms: With many of us now working from home, a multifunctional room can be a great way to create some separation between work and home life. Whether you’re trying to create a quiet space within your home for video meetings or eliminate distractions for focused work. A multifunctional room is also a great opportunity
Whether you’re looking to start a home remodeling project to add value to your listing price, add function to your home, or simply create more space, we can help. The team of home remodeling experts at Chris Riggins Construction have been helping Orange County homeowners create their dream remodeling projects for over a decade. Our skilled craftsmen are experts in both the latest trends and time-tested traditions and can help you create a remodeling design that fits you and your family’s specific needs.
Contact us today to learn about our full range of home remodeling services or schedule a consultation with one of our senior designers.